I have been cramming in work this week to get ready for one of the biggest Pet Industry shows of 2010. It is in Las Vegas. I know... everyone thinks Vegas is all play, but for me, most the trip is all work. It takes a lot of prep for these shows, so my cooking is limited to easier dishes during this time. Tonight I made Rigatoni and Cheese
• 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ground black pepper to taste
• 2 cups whipping cream
• 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1 cup parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, yes I did use pre-packaged rigatoni cuz I am pressed for time this week. Mine needed to be cooked for 11 minutes.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine over medium heat. Add flour and some ground black pepper to taste; stirring until bubbly. Add cream to mixture and stir continually until mixture starts to thicken and bubble;
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Mix parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a dish
5. Pour cheese mixture over rigatoni. Mix well and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3 Time published Author, Cancer Survivor, Elite Coach, Nutrition expert, 200 hour certified Yoga Teacher, Wife, Mother, and friend, I bring my healthy recipes, Tips, and products that help people get and stay, happy, healthy, and cancer FREE!
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Rigatoni and Cheese
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...
UPDATE: with the help of Random.org the winner has been picked. Result: 14 Powered by RANDOM.ORG Congrats Melissa! OXO...
Post a Comment
Thank you! I love comments!