I have been cramming in work this week to get ready for one of the biggest Pet Industry shows of 2010. It is in Las Vegas. I know... everyone thinks Vegas is all play, but for me, most the trip is all work. It takes a lot of prep for these shows, so my cooking is limited to easier dishes during this time. Tonight I made Rigatoni and Cheese
• 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ground black pepper to taste
• 2 cups whipping cream
• 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup bread crumbs
• 1 cup parmesan cheese
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions, yes I did use pre-packaged rigatoni cuz I am pressed for time this week. Mine needed to be cooked for 11 minutes.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt 4 tablespoons butter or margarine over medium heat. Add flour and some ground black pepper to taste; stirring until bubbly. Add cream to mixture and stir continually until mixture starts to thicken and bubble;
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Mix parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a dish
5. Pour cheese mixture over rigatoni. Mix well and pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...
A few days back I made pizza from Cauliflower and it turned out awesome. So I started thinking... what about garlic cheese bread? Oh yea...