Honey Cake Ingredients:
•2 Tbsp. instant coffee dissolved into 3/4 cup hot water
•3 Tbsp. oil
•3/4 cup apple sauce
•3/4 cup honey
•3/4 cup brown sugar
•2 cups gluten free flour (make sure your blend has xanthan gum in it)
•3/4 tsp. baking powder
•1/2 tsp. baking soda
•2 tsp. cinnamon
•1/2 tsp. salt
1. Dissolve 1 packet starbucks via italian roast coffee into 3/4 cup hot water (or any other of your favorite instant coffee)
2. Spray a bunt cake pan with non-stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius).
3. Mix eggs, oil, apple sauce, honey and brown sugar in a using an electric mixer.
4. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt).
5. Alternating, add flour mixture and coffee to the egg mixture in the bowl. Mix lightly until just smooth.
6. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Flip the cake over once cool and add the frosting
•2 egg whites
•1 cup honey
1. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
2. Bring honey to a boil in a small saucepan.
3. Slowly pour honey onto egg whites, beating at high speed for about 3-5 minutes.
Drizzle on top of Honey cake. Mange!
Post a Comment
Thank you! I love comments!