Thursday, August 15, 2013
Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing
Hi everyone, I’m Michelle from Raising Amelia Rose. Christi has been a friend of mine long before our blogging days! She has been such a culinary inspiration, and has been key in helping me see that I don’t have to live without because of my celiac, rather I can make wholesome gluten free treats and meals. I am happy to be on a guest on her blog as she recuperates.
Today I am sharing my Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing and coconut flakes! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing
from Raising Amelia Rose
Ingredients: YIELDS 1 Dozen Donuts
• 2 c. All purpose Gluten free flour
• 3/4 c. brown sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 3/4 c. milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 2 tbsp butter, melted
• 12 pineapple rings
For the Icing:
• 1 c. confectioners' sugar
• ½ can Pure coconut milk (set in fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes)
Top with ½ c. coconut flakes
Directions For Donuts:
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• Set pineapple rings inside donut wells
• Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
• Pour the batter into a large zip lock bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and pipe the batter evenly into a 6 well donut pan (you will have enough batter for 1 dozen, so set bag aside with spout side up)
• Bake for 11 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 3 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Directions for Icing:
• Mix coconut milk and confectioners sugar on med speed with hand mixer, or stand mixer for approx. 7 minutes
• Drizzle icing over pineapple side of donuts and top with coconut flakes.
These donuts are moist and messy, so grab a napkin and enjoy!
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I trust everyone is trying to get back to their healthy diets after splurging over Sup...