Thursday, August 15, 2013
Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing
Hi everyone, I’m Michelle from Raising Amelia Rose. Christi has been a friend of mine long before our blogging days! She has been such a culinary inspiration, and has been key in helping me see that I don’t have to live without because of my celiac, rather I can make wholesome gluten free treats and meals. I am happy to be on a guest on her blog as she recuperates.
Today I am sharing my Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing and coconut flakes! I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
Gluten-Free Pineapple Upside Donuts with Coconut Icing
from Raising Amelia Rose
Ingredients: YIELDS 1 Dozen Donuts
• 2 c. All purpose Gluten free flour
• 3/4 c. brown sugar
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 3/4 c. milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 2 tbsp butter, melted
• 12 pineapple rings
For the Icing:
• 1 c. confectioners' sugar
• ½ can Pure coconut milk (set in fridge to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes)
Top with ½ c. coconut flakes
Directions For Donuts:
• Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
• Set pineapple rings inside donut wells
• Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add the milk, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix until well blended.
• Pour the batter into a large zip lock bag. Snip off a corner of the bag and pipe the batter evenly into a 6 well donut pan (you will have enough batter for 1 dozen, so set bag aside with spout side up)
• Bake for 11 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan 3 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
Directions for Icing:
• Mix coconut milk and confectioners sugar on med speed with hand mixer, or stand mixer for approx. 7 minutes
• Drizzle icing over pineapple side of donuts and top with coconut flakes.
These donuts are moist and messy, so grab a napkin and enjoy!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I trust everyone is trying to get back to their healthy diets after splurging over Sup...
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...