While getting an education in nutrition, there was one thing I heard over and over. "the root of disease is inflammation". So when people are getting on you about sugar, or processed foods, it is because it has been proven over and over and over again... they cause inflammation ... and what is the root of all disease? Inflammation!!! So let's focus on what can help that! VEGGIES! Here are my top 6 reasons you need more veggies (I have a much longer list if you want it), and below are some tips and tricks I use to get in more veggies! When you know better you do better!
Top 6 benefits of getting in your veggies:
- Decreases inflammation - Green leafy vegetables contain powerful antioxidants, flavonoids, carotenoids, and vitamin C—all of which help protect against cellular damage.
- Improves gut health - Foods high in fiber, especially certain types of fiber and resistant starches called prebiotics, play a major role in keeping our gut bacteria in balance. Many vegetables are an excellent source of prebiotics. Eating healthy plant foods can alter your gut bacteria for the better in a matter of a few days!
- .Aids in weight management because they are
- -Low in calories and carbs.
- -High in fiber and water so they keep you feeling full longer.
- -Take up a lot of room in your stomach to keep you feeling full.
- -The fiber contains prebiotics and feed the “good” bacteria in the gut.
5. Decreases risk of heart disease and stroke -Vegetables contain a wide variety of plant compounds that play an important role in heart health, including decreased cholesterol, improved blood vessel functioning, lowered blood pressure and decreased inflammation.
6. Lowers blood pressure - this benefit comes from from fiber, vitamins and minerals such as potassium and magnesium that are in the veggies. The potassium is especially important as it balances out the negative effect of salt, which helps to lower blood pressure.
So ... you don't like veggies... what to do now?
I got you boo.
A quick fix I use to get in a full serving of veggies is Power Greens
Power Greens contains veggies like cucumber, kale, and spinach to deliver a full serving of vegetables in each scoop. Plus, this potent Boost supports the body's natural acid/alkaline balance. I mix mine with my pre-workout energy, but you can just mix it with water and take the shot like a frat boy, or you can mix it with your favorite smoothie. It is super easy and something I am so thankful for. Being a cancer survivor I work on staying alkaline and this is my number one quick fix to take after having something acidic (like coffee or alcohol).
The second one is my daily non-negotiable for so many reasons, but since we are talking veggies today here is a chart showing what is in in each serving of Shakeology :
Pretty amazing right? So PLEASE stop saying you can't get them in. If you truly want to live a healthy life YOU NEED YOUR VEGGIES and I have a solution for you! You can get both your Shakeology and your Power greens HERE . Please send me a message if you do so I can send over a bunch of free recipes to help you enjoy every bit of it!
Post a Comment
Thank you! I love comments!