adapted from Mangia
For the green beans:
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
extra-virgin olive oil
fresh black pepper and sea salt, to taste
For the pesto:
1TBSP fresh chopped rosemary
1TBSP of fresh chopped thyme
1TBSP of fresh chopped oregano
2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup dry roasted almonds, unsalted
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
3. Bake for 15-17 minutes, tossing the beans at the half-way through the baking process. Let cool completely on the baking sheet.
4. For the pesto, in the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the herbs, garlic, and salt.
5. With the processor running, slowing stream in the evoo until the mixture is smooth.
6. Add the almonds and pulse, until the mixture is slightly chunky.
7. Pour the pesto over the green beans and toss. Serve!