Healthy Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins12 servings
2 cups dry old-fashioned rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup 100% pure organic maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
¾ cup grated carrots (approx. 1¼ medium)
¼ cup crushed pineapple, in 100% pineapple juice, drained
3 Tbsp. lowfat greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. powdered maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers. Set aside
- Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, extract, carrots, and pineapple in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Fold coconut milk mixture into oat mixture; mix well.
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan after 15 minutes.
- While oatmeal cups are baking, make icing. Combine greek yogurt and maple in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Let oatmeal cups cool in pan until you can handle them. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle each oatmeal cup with approximately 1 tsp. icing before serving; serve warm.