Tonight we are blessed to have Taylor and Jordan's Grandparents here from out of town. They are the best Grandparents a child could ever wish for. They are coming to take us to dinner tonight at the Chart house on the ocean in Cardiff. So I obviously won't be cooking today Then tomorrow, to hopefully pay them back, we are taking them out on our sailboat for the day. A nice day in the bay with cocktails and great people equals lots of relaxing fun for me. They are coming back and taking the kids to Ontario with them for Friday and Saturday night so they can have quality alone time with their Grandkids. My kids think of them as second parents. You have no idea how thankful I am for them. Roger and Terry... Thank you so much for all you do! You are such a light in this world.
So Friday night I will have been sailing all day and we have so much tri-tip left, I plan on just making quick carne asada burritos (easy peasy)with the leftover meat.
to do this I:
- Cut the meat with a steak knife across into thin strips. Cut across the strips so the meat comes out in small pieces..
- Place the meat in the bowl, and squirt 1 lime juice over it. I let marinade for about 15 minutes, this just makes the cooked meat more tender. Remove the meat from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels.
- Lightly sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Get a flour tortilla.
- Place the tortilla on a large plate and put a few heaping tablespoons of the meat in a thick line on the edge closest to you.
- Add some salsa and cheese on top of the line of meat.
- Starting with this edge, roll the tortilla over the meat mixture once. Fold the edges to the right and left of the meat mixture toward each other until they're snug against the roll of meat.
- Continue to roll the tortilla until it becomes a tight cylinder. Repeat with remaining tortillas
- Microwave on 50% power for 3minutes. tada!
- I top mine with sour cream and fresh cilantro.