The weather has been so nice here. My kids are in Oregon freezing. I miss them. Last week I barely spent $200 on groceries and that is while feeding a house of 8. This week so far I have spent $27. It will easily feed us this week. Did I mention the budget includes wine? Yep, Coupons are where it is at!
Continuing on with my shredded chicken to feed the two of us. Well really feed me at dinner and feed Randy dinner and lunch (I am lucky and he always eats the leftovers). I am making chicken enchiladas, well Cheesey Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas.
This is a simple recipe for anyone to follow. Serve it with a nice salsa salad and creme freche and it is even better.
Enchiladas de pollo y de frijol Negro
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups shredded chicken
• 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles (I use a fresh hot serrano, but most people don't like hot like i do, so a can will do.
• 1/3 cup prepared salsa, mild, medium or hot
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
• 1 1/3 cups shredded Monterey jack and or Cheddar
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes. .
• Stir in black beans, green chiles, and salsa and simmer 5 minutes, until sauce thickens and reduces.
• Arrange 4 tortillas on a flat surface. Top each tortilla with an equal amount of chicken mixture.
baking dish. Top tortillas with shredded cheese (1/3 cup per tortilla).
Fast simple and easy. I doubled it because it is super good the next day too.
Have fun with it! I am now back to work getting ready for my dog clothes show. Chow!