I want bruschetta tonight. So I am going to make:
Makes 2 long baguettes 8 servings each.
3 cups Gluten-Free, High-Protein Flour Blend
1 tablespoon cornmeal
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon xanthan gum
2 packages (4½ teaspoons) rapid yeast
¾ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups warm water
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
2 eggs, room temperature
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make two baguette-shaped forms (each measuring 2 inches wide, 4 inches high, 14-16 inches long), using a double thickness of heavy-duty foil, dull side out; lightly grease and sprinkle each with gluten-free flour or cornmeal and place on a cookie sheet.
1. Mix all dry ingredients except yeast together in the bowl of your kitchen aid mixer.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the water, yeast, vinegar, eggs and oil. Add to dry ingredients.
3. Using the beater or paddle of your mixer (not the whisk), beat mixture on low speed until well blended. Then turn the speed up and beat for 5 minutes on medium-high speed.
4. With oiled hands or oiled plastic wrap, divide dough in half and shape into 2 baguettes. Place in prepared pan and cover with lightly greased plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 20 to 30 minutes.
5.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make two baguette-shaped forms (each measuring 2 inches wide, 4 inches high, 14-16 inches long), using a double thickness of heavy-duty foil, dull side out; lightly grease and sprinkle each with gluten-free flour or cornmeal and place on a cookie sheet OR lasagne pan in forms.
6. Spritz dough with water. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until done.
They are really great when you slice them, brush the slices lightly with olive oil and broil for 2 minutes... to make little brushetta. I then top with my classic mix of tomato, garlic, basil and balsamic. YUM! I served it with shrimp and salad. I am so full!
3 Time published Author, Cancer Survivor, Elite Coach, Nutrition expert, 200 hour certified Yoga Teacher, Wife, Mother, and friend, I bring my healthy recipes, Tips, and products that help people get and stay, happy, healthy, and cancer FREE!
Friday, October 15, 2010
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...
UPDATE: with the help of Random.org the winner has been picked. Result: 14 Powered by RANDOM.ORG Congrats Melissa! OXO...
Post a Comment
Thank you! I love comments!