Monday, March 14, 2011
Mexican Lasagne Naturally Gluten Free
18 corn tortillas
20 ounces (2 small cans) red enchilada sauce medium heat
1 can of black beans, rinsed
2 cups of cooked rice
1 1/2 bundles of chopped fresh cilantro
4 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
loads of grated jack and cheddar cheese
1 large jalepeno pepper, seeded and minced
1 can sliced and pitted black olives
2 tblsp of ground cumin
2 tblsp of ground coriander
1. In large bowl, mix together the garlic, onions, black beans, cilantro, rice, olives, spices and jalepeno. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Make sure to save some fresh cilantro and black olives for the topping.
2. Pour enchilada sauce into a bowl. Then dip each corn tortilla in the sauce before laying it down in the casserole pan. I top a little more sauce on each layer.
3. You want to create layers. So the first layer will be the coated tortillas. Use enough to cover the bottom of the pan, making sure to overlap them a bit.
4. Once final layer of tortillas is added, sprinkle with cheese, black olives and add cheese to the top.
5. Place in a 350 degree preheated oven, covered in foil for about 30 minutes. Then uncover and leave in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the top is slightly browned.
6. Serve with refried beans, sour cream and guacamole.