One of my favorite tools I missed was my pasta rolling attachment on my kitchenaid. I am going to put that puppy to use tonight!
My girlfriend is coming over. We are making Mojito's and cooking gluten free Chicken and Spinach Lasagne Rolls! I love to cook with her because she is always so appreciative of my cooking. She is eager to learn and the best sous chef I have ever had! Here is what we are making tonight:
12 rolls fresh gluten free pasta sheets (recipe for gluten free pasta here)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 cups fresh chopped spinach
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened (I think you could get away with one package)
1 (5oz) package shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 2/3 cups)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Use one (26oz) jar marinara sauce. You can use more. I prefer fresh marinara, but if you use a jar, use bertolli olive oil and garlic. It is the closest I can find to the real deal and does not have preservatives in it.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.Or follow the directions on the gluten free pasta recipe Be careful not to overcook them or they will tear easily when trying to fill them. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease two 9x13 baking dishes.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken and all the rest of the ingredients except mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella. Spoon into pasta. Tip: For easier filling, fill a gallon ziplock baggie with the filling and snip a quarter size hole off the corner of the bag. Then you can just pipe the filling into the shells. I find it easier to use clean hands.
4. Spread half of spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dishes. Arrange pasta rolls over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
5. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933
Follow us on Tumblr at: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/momwhatsfordinner
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/MomWhatsForDinn
Post a Comment
Thank you! I love comments!