Gluten Free Browned Butter Brown Sugar Cookies
adapted from One Perfect Bite
1-3/4 sticks unsalted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided*
1 1/2 cups Maninis Multipurpose gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In shallow dish or pie plate, mix sugar and 1/4 cup packed brown sugar.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Continue to cook, swirling pan constantly until butter it is golden brown and nutty smelling.
- Remove from heat and pour browned butter to large heat-proof bowl.
- Add remaining 1-3/4 cups brown sugar and salt to bowl with cooled butter.
- Mix until all the lumps are gone, scraping down sides of bowl with rubber spatula. Add whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract, mixing well to incorporate.
- Add flour mixture and mix to just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop up dough one at a time and drop in the sugar mixture you made. Roll in the sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake two sheets at a time, rotating half way though, until cookies are browned and puffy, about 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack and cool completely. Repeat above steps, starting with rolling remaining dough balls in sugar mixture.
I have never browned buttered anything.... It sure does look yummy. :)ReplyDelete
Are these cookies hard or soft?ReplyDelete
They are chewy. If you cook them longer they can be hard.ReplyDelete