Monday, April 16, 2012
Versatile Blogger Award
First of all I want to give a big thanks to Ramona from Curry and Comfort! Not just for giving out awards, but also for all of her wonderful recipes. I am a faithful reader of her blog and I love how she can take normal boring american foods, and with a twist make them into a fusion meal with flavors you would never expect. I have yet to find a recipe that I don't like of hers. Fun facts about Ramona that I love: She is the meatball queen, she makes cookies out of cake mix because she is afraid of the old brick cookies she used to make, she is a frequent top 9 on foodbuzz, and that takes real talent!
So she did an award free for all and to keep it going I am supposed to select 15 bloggers to nominate that I follow regularly... So here are the award nominees:
1. Nikki at www.ObsessiveChihuahuaDisorder.com Not a food blog, but being a fellow chihuahua freak its self explanatory. Nikki will make you laugh and her dogs will make you smile.
2.Tracie at Cleverly Inspired
3.Aricka at Shamrocks and Shenanigans -
4.Audra at Once a Mom Always a Cook
5.Leanne at Christophers Miracle Story Not a food blog, but wonderful real life miracle!
6.Sara at A Teaspoon and A Pinch
7.Joelen Tan at What's Cookin, Chicago?
8.Mary at One Perfect Bite
9.Michelle O at That's so Michelle.
10. Monica at Going Cave Woman
11.Reeni at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
12. Kim at Lovin' From the Oven
13.Sarah at Thyme
14. Lizzy at That skinny chick can bake!!!
15. Rowena Dumlao-Giardina at Apron and Sneakers - Cooking & Traveling in Italy
You guys are great and keep me reading. Here is your award:
Here are the rules of the award:
Thank the person who gave you this award.
Include a link to their blog.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
In the same post, include this set of rules.
Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
Now onto the 7 little known facts about me.
1.I am a lizard. If I feel the sun on my skin I am known to stop everything and bask in the sun. There is nothing else quite like the feeling of sun on my skin.
2. I am sadly addicted to reality competition shows: Survivor, Celebrity Apprentice, Top Chef, The Next Iron Chef etc...
3. I am adopted. I was born in California but my parents that adopted me lived in Oregon so I grew up and spent most of my first 35 years in rainy oregon. I came to visit Sunny Southern California and the rest is history... I belong here in California.
4.I LOVE to read books. I was one of the first ones to own a kindle back when they were $400. But I still have the original kindle and use it daily. You can follow my reading addiction at http://www.shelfari.com/christisilbaugh if you are a reader too, add me. I love to hear about new books.
5.I don't like it when anyone comes into my kitchen. EVER! If friends or family are cooking with me I am fine, but if you want to see me blow a gasket, just walk into the middle of my kitchen while I am busy cooking. I like my tools where I left them and anyone without 4 legs and a fluffy tail better stay "behind the line!"- Yes, I am obsessed.
6. My being a full time cook for every kid in a 5 mile radius will soon be coming to an end. My husband and I plan to move downtown next Fall after we get our last 2 kids settled and on their own. My new blog is already started but I am not doing it regularly yet. You can get a sneak peek at www.gourmetcookingfortwo.com. Don't worry. I will still be posting to this one once or twice a week because I will still be cooking for Taylor off and on to help her with her allergy to wheat and teaching her skills she will need to know to survive the allergy.
7 .I listen to soft rock while I cook. When I think I am alone I dance and sing to the music. A couple times I thought I was alone... whoops... I get embarrassed when that happens.
Ok enough about me. To those 15 I nominated. If you want to participate, please leave a comment here and link back to your site so we can read all about you. Now you pay it forward and nominate 15 people and keep the ring going! Happy Blogging!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. I trust everyone is trying to get back to their healthy diets after splurging over Sup...
Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of...